William Gavin famously said, “Mother Nature is providential. She gives us twelve years to develop a love for our children before turning them into teenagers.”
If you’ve ever vacationed with teenagers, you probably needed every day of those twelve years to pull it off correctly. It helps to have a kick-ass destination that will provide plenty of diversions. So, for your next getaway with your teen, try visiting a ski resort. There are many to choose from, but here are two ski resorts that offer top-notch skiing and snowboarding, along with programs that will entertain your teens, on and off the slopes.
Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada offers world class ski and snowboarding slopes for people of all skill levels and interests, from novice to heli-skiing. Add the bonus for Americans getting a great exchange on their dollar, and this could very well be your go-to destination! When your teen is not skiing or riding, Whistler Blackcomb offers a variety of activities:
- Fire and Ice is a free performance that takes place every Sunday night during the ski season. It features pro skiers and boarders and is almost indescribable. It’s something to experience for yourself.
- There are three Nintendo Gaming Lounges located in the resort area.
- There is also the Coca-Cola Tube Park, with seven tube lanes, a Snowcat tour, a sensory deprivation chamber, and so much more.
- Weather permitting, Ziptrek offers a choice of three guided zipline tours including the Sasquatch line. It runs over 2 kms from high on Blackcomb Mountain to mid-mountain on Whistler at high speeds.
On the other side of the continent, Smugglers’ Notch in Vermont has a range of activities to go along with their quality skiing and boarding.
- Smuggs offers both traditional tubing and airboarding, which features a lightweight inflatable sled similar to a water raft.
- Arbortrek is the zip line tour available here and is Vermont’s first world-class zip line canopy tour.
- An indoor pool and two hot tubs offer a nice break from the snow and cold.
- Other adventures available are ice skating, snowmobile tours both day and night and in March, a new fun zone. It will feature laser tag, mini golf, and an arcade.
Whether you go east or west, take your teen in confidence. Ski vacation with your children at either of these two resorts provide lots of adventure and activity to put a smile on everyone’s face, both on and off the slopes.
What are your favorite destinations for ski vacations with teens that you can share?