When you think skiing or snowboarding, maybe you think Colorado, Utah, and perhaps British Columbia. How often do you think Pennsylvania? That’s right, Pennsylvania! If you haven’t considered it, you’re missing something. There are more than 20 resorts to ski Pennsylvania, each offering unique experiences.
• Alpine Mountain is in the Pocono Mountains and has 120 skiable acres with a vertical of 500 feet. There are 21 runs serviced by five lifts including two quads, one double, and two surface chairlifts. Alpine Mountain has the only ice skating rink in the Poconos.
• Blue Mountain has Pennsylvania’s highest vertical, with varied terrain and some of the longest runs in Pennsylvania. There are 39 trails and 16 lifts. Their Redefine Blue Mountain campaign last season revealed lots of new amenities. Check it out.
• Camelback Mountain, home of the biggest tubing park in the US, offers night skiing on all 34 trails. There are 15 lifts including two high-speed quads and a snowboard competition halfpipe.
• Jack Frost Big Boulder is actually two separate ski areas located five miles apart. Jack Frost contains 21 different slopes. There are nine lifts, one quad, two triples, six doubles and one ski carpet. Big Boulder boasts 15 runs, eight lifts, two triples, five doubles and a ski carpet.
• Seven Springs Mountain Resort, the largest ski and snowboard resort in Pennsylvania with 285 skiable acres, has 33 slopes and trails, seven terrain parks and 10 lifts.
• Shawnee Mountain, a beginner and family friendly ski area, has 23 slopes and trails, 2 terrain parks and a snow tubing park. There is one high-speed detachable quad, one fixed-grip quad, four double and four carpets.
• Whitetail Resort offers 19 trails with six lifts, a halfpipe, and two terrain parks. Their vacation packages offer a combination of lift tickets, ski school, and free equipment which can help you enjoy more of the mountain while saving some cash.
Now when you think winter fun, think Pennsylvania! Browse our site to exclusive deals and discounts and some free giveaways to help you save huge when you’re planning your ski vacation in Pennsylvania, or anywhere else in North America.